Re: Open a second X session

Am Sonntag, 25. August 2002 07:23 schrieb Francois Fayard:
> Hi,
>
> I've just bought Win4Linux. By the way, it's quite a good application
> for me. I can run Illustrator that I miss a lot under Linux.

> For that, there is a script that start a new X server, but I'm not
> allowed to. I get :

> -----
> homogenic% fwin
> XFree86 4.x
> X running on 0.
>
> Trying display 1.
>
> xinit /bin/sh /opt/win4lin/fullx/fwin_start.sh -- :1
>
> X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting.
> xinit:  unexpected signal 2
> -----

> What do I have to do to be able to run another X session ?

   What I have found is that I have to open a console (if not already
open) and command

   local$ xhost +

   That's the command 'xhost' followed by the '+' sign.   This allows me
to run a second X session.

   James                                | In faith and in science,
James K. Gruetzner <jkgruet@unm.edu>    |   All truth is God's truth.