Re: Mutt or KMail

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 12:31:24PM +0930, Tom Cook wrote:

> The advantage I gain in using fetchmail to download mail is that then
> I can easily pipe it through procmail... in fact the default exim
> config does so automagically if you have procmail installed and have a
> .procmailrc file in your home directory.

The one disadvantage I see from letting fetchmail retrieve is that there
doesn't seem to be a way for fetchmail to store email passwords on the
computer using encryption.  Perhaps I am wrong (please tell me so) but
unless you supply your password every time you check for mail, passwords
are kept in plain text.  That may be fine if your mail account is the
only one fetchmail will retrieve mail for.  But if you have other users
who don't want you to know there password, you have a problem.