Re: Playing

On Sunday 25 August 2002 07:59, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> I think Mandrake/RH is not bad for the first time users of Linux who
> want to know what Linux offers.  We all know serious people will move
> to Debian eventually.

And since _starting_ the war is the fun part:

If you're going for Mandrake or RedHat, use RedHat. Mandrake is a bit
strange. Right now, I wouldn't recommend Debian to a newbie, so if you
want Linux and don't know at least a bit about it, try RH. If you want
a system to tinker with, use Debian. As soon as you feel that you can
handle some minor headaches, go for Debian. It's worth it, but it can
be a strong deterrent if used too early.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!