Re: Playing

Hi, you know, ... we will not flame you. :)

Debian thinks "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" (Social
contract).

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 06:30:11PM -0400, kschrock wrote:
> 1. Debian
>    A few things are just different,
>    (I got the networking going ok finally)
>    But some are just crude, hard, or stupid

We should listen to this type of honest opinion.  There is some truth in
this :)

> 2. Lindows
>    Amazing that this and Debian are the same
>    (I recognize it better after playing with both of them)
>    I still think this is the one. This will be the "Linux for the rest
> of us"

I never used this but ... Kinoppix and this one are worth watching ...

> 3. Linux newsgroups
>    Causing a storm stating my view of 2
>    They would really scream if I did 1 : )

Come on :) Do not be shy.  I think you have more harsh thing to say.

> Using Linux Mandrake 8.2

I think Mandrake/RH is not bad for the first time users of Linux who
want to know what Linux offers.  We all know serious people will move to
Debian eventually.

In future, with the existence of Lindow, we may be surprised to see
more non-sysadmin type installing Debian as first Linux.

At this moment, "User" for standard Debian looks like sysadmin but this
is moving target :)
         Osamu Aoki @ Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.   Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developer
 : :' :    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/  http://qref.sf.net
 `. `'   "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" - Social Contract