Re: displaying accented characters in mutt

on Sat, 24 Aug 2002 12:14:53PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt insinuated:
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 01:54:18PM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > Hi Hamish, Having problem display high bit characters in MUTT?
> >
> > Mine display all the accented ones OK.
>
> > What is yours. ?
>
> I had LC_CTYPE=C. I changed it to en_US.ISO-8859-1. I noticed
> something interesting:

i recently ran into the same problem, and was just about to ask ...
but exporting that variable setting doesn't seem to set it, nor does
putting it in my ~/.zshenv and sourcing it.

also, all my locales are set to POSIX, not C -- what's the advandage
of one over the other?  is this related to the problem of not being
able to see accented characters in mutt?

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/daily.html