Re: cd burner write slow down

Tilley posts :

>> I set  the write speed  at 40, but  when gtoaster starts  writing, it
>> drops back to a write speed of 24.

What is the max. supported write  speed of your media ?  Use CD-R media
which is clearly marked for write speeds.

>> was just  wondering if anyone  else has experienced write  drop backs
>> like this?

Yes, me  had this  issue.  While writing,  the writer usually  spins the
media at  a lower  speed and slowly  steps up  the speed to  the maximum
supported by the media and drive.

HTH.

--
ragOO, VU2RGU<->http://gnuhead.dyndns.org/<->GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E
       Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio