Re: [Fwd: Re: Gnome problem]

Hello,

Mario Vukelic wrote:

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic@dantian.org>
To: debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Gnome problem
Date: 24 Aug 2002 00:08:57 +0200

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 17:58, aparra wrote:

I have installed debian and using gnome. But I can't get icons on the desktop (Trash, etc.) why??
You don't have nautilus installed or it is not running. If not
installed, apt-get it (and have a look at recommends/suggests). If not
running, there should be an applications menu item. Note that all
nautiluses pre-Gnome2 are slow, though

All working, thank you very much. But I don't know why debian hasn't a meta-package as "gnome-complete" with all dependencies.

Ant my last problem (I hope).
You hope in vain :)

;-) of course, and my problems with mozilla pluging (solved by now), and .... I hope were a finite number of problems ;-)

How to solve conflicts between gnome sound server and other programs (realplayer, play, ...)?
either disable esd when another program that doesn't know about esd
wants soundcard access. You can do that with esdctl (see the man page).
Or pipe the other program through esdplay or esddsp. Read the manpage
here, too. (I have no idea what the difference between these is, though)

working. using a script to substitute eds with "eds -as 2"