Re: displaying accented characters in mutt

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 01:54:18PM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi Hamish, Having problem display high bit characters in MUTT?
>
> Mine display all the accented ones OK.

> What is yours. ?

I had LC_CTYPE=C. I changed it to en_US.ISO-8859-1. I noticed something
interesting:

If I run mutt inside rxvt, all on my local workstation, with LC_CTYPE
set to en_US.ISO-8859-1, it works correctly.

However if I run ssh inside rxvt (on my local workstation) to run mutt on
a remote machine, with LC_CTYPE set on both ends, it does not work.

Thanks,

Hamish