Re: dell poweredge 6650 won't boot the linux-2.4.18-bf kernel

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:59:13 -0400 (EDT)
Walter Tautz <wtautz@math.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> it gets a certain point and then complains about some kind of BIOS
> bugi at least if I give the kernel the additional quiet option,
> if I just boot bf24 it hangs. I have the impression that some kind of
> IRQ conflict has occurred?.
> Anyone see this. the compact image does boot. HOwever the
> network card bmc5700 driver won't install for the 2.2.20 kernel even
> though the system will boot.
(snip)
> Suggestions?

Yea, install the system using the compact kernel and a burn of the full
CD1 ISO.  The conflict is most likely due to the bf24 having several SCSI
drivers including internally rather than as external modules.  Once the
system is up and running install one of the various kernel-image-2.4
packages which have most everything compiled as a module.

--
Jamin W. Collins