gpm-mouse-xfree-cut&paste problem

Hello,

When I was using potato my mouse worked fine with gpm and xfree3.6.
But after my upgrade to woody I ran in to problems.

My system get on crashing that I needed to reinstall everything from
scratch. I am still using xfree3.6 as xfree4 doesn't support my
videocard (or I couldn't get it working). (Now using woody)

My mouse can't cut and past in X. Under console with gpm I can cut and
paste.

This is my gpm config file:
#  /etc/gpm.conf - configuration file for gpm(1)

device=/dev/ttyS1
responsiveness=
repeat_type=ms3
type=ms3
append=""
sample_rate=

And this is the corresponding bit of XF86Config:

# **********************************************************************
# Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "Microsoft"
    Device      "/dev/gpmdata"
    Emulate3Buttons
    #Buttons	5
    #AxisMapping 4 5

As you can see it is a serial mouse from Microsoft with 2 buttons and
a 3 button/wheel.

The wheel is broke, so I don't need it... That's why I want to
emulate3 buttons.

When I start xfree I get this warning though:

(**) Mouse: type: Microsoft, device: /dev/gpmdata, baudrate: 1200
(**) Mouse: buttons: 3, 3 button emulation (timeout: 50ms)
Warning: /dev/gpmdata unable to get status of mouse fd (Invalid argument)

Does anybody have my same situation (2 buttons mouse, xfree3.6,
gpm...) that can share his config files? :)

Or if somebody knows the answer... I would appreciate it if he would
share it with me and the list.

Thanks in advance,
Rudy
--