Re: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 12:59:57PM +0200, Adam Galant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I sometimes get this kind of thing after my computer works for awhile
> (ie. a longer while...). Probably this is connected to memory-consuming
> tasks. After I run mozilla, gimp, javac/java and something more, though
> all those applications are closed, I get this message (fork: Resource
> temporarily unavailable) when trying to run something.
>
> I checked for memory shortages, but I don't thing this is a problem.
>
> Any clues?

You have no more process slots. If you run 'ps ax' you should probably
see many, many entries that shouldn't be there for some program. Kill
it. Possibly java. For me it used to be gnomeicu.

--
"America is the only country that went from barbarism
to decadence without civilization in between."