Re: grub install questions (devfs problem)

In muc.lists.debian.user, you wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 10:30:23AM -0100, andrej hocevar wrote:
>> There's no real need for creating that floppy; if running Linux, why
>> not just invoke the grub-shell from there and skip some unnecessary
>> steps? See the manual: Invoking the grub shell/Installation under
>> UNIX, which is basically the same minus the floppy.
>
>   Wouldn't you have the same problems that the OP did? That it wouldn't be
>   able to map grub drives to bios drives? (Unless you created the map
>   file).

Yes.  Last time I ran "grub" without a device file it did the
usuall probing for devices (which pretty much hangs one of my
systems).  Creating a device-map file solves the problem.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  If Robert Di Niro
                                  at               assassinates Walter Slezak,