Re: evolution won't start

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 16:54, 31HIMEL wrote:
> I was using evolution quite happily until a few weeks ago.  Then after an
> upgrade it will not start and gives the following error messages:
>

> evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on wombat:
> (IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0)
> libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.1
> libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
> libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
> gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-error.png
> All fallbacks failed.
> See /usr/share/doc/gdk-imlib1/README.fallback.
> libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.1
> libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
> libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
> gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-default-dlg.png
> All fallbacks failed.
> See /usr/share/doc/gdk-imlib1/README.fallback.
>

> Can anyone please tell me what I should do to rectify the situation?  As far
> as I can tell, there are no missing dependencies.

This happens to me also and the only way to start evolution is after a
reboot.  I'm using woody with evolution and galeon from unstable.
Evolution and libcamel0 is on hold for upgrade because of dependencies.

I had this problem about six months ago also and it cleared up after
several dist-upgrades.