Re: New to Debian

On 22 Aug 2002 19:46:18 +0300
Ymir <ymir@wolfheart.ro> wrote:

   ###|http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html
   ###|That's what he's talking about. And, speaking of netiquette, you
   ###|should've googled for that, it was the first link for 'netiquette rfc'.
   ###|Even if it's not explicitly specified, it was implied that users should
   ###|be abiding netiquette. At least, that's how I see it, other people can
   ###|just ignore netiquette and just ask you how they can untar something,
   ###|without RTFMing first.
   ###|

Oh gee-sh.  Lighten up.

FLAME ON

Maybe YOU should RTFM before accusing someone else of not reading something - or not googling - or not ... blah blah blah - BS !!

(1) To quote the RFC, "This memo does not specify an Internet standard of any kind."

(2) You didn't properly mark your message with the flame on/off signal as suggested in the link you provided.

(3) Any "memo" that uses the phrase "rule of thumb" is going to be ignored by me.  ROT was the way to beat a woman. :-P

Get off your high horse and learn to be polite.  Otherwise you'll be scaring off some pretty nice folks in these here parts.  Giddy Up.

FLAME OFF

Does anyone know what RTFM *really* means? :-)

Righteously Tossed Flame Meat

Hmm ... do penguins prefer cooked or uncooked meat?