Re: smartlist and exim uid-trouble

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> | Matthias Czapla wrote:
> | > I just installed smartlist and did was the file
> | > /usr/share/doc/smartlist/QuickStart suggests.
> | > however, sending a message to the list locally only generates this
> | > in /var/log/exim/paniclog:
> | > 2002-08-19 20:53:01 17grZD-00012l-00 Neither the system_aliases director nor
> | > the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of
> | Is this a bug to report
> No, it's a misconfiguration of exim.
> You need the line
>     user = smartlist
> on either the 'address_pipe' transport or the 'system_aliases'

ok, now it works. thank you!
its already there (commented out) in exim.conf under system_aliases...

> See /usr/share/doc/exim/spec.txt for more details on the pipe
> driver and what the user= option is for.

So each and every file/pipe transport from /etc/aliases can only be run
as this configured user?

Another question: is there a way _not_ to rewrite the sender address
for local messages, so that replies will get to the local user instead of
the address mentioned in /etc/email-addresses?

Gruß
lal