Re: Reiserfs stability??

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 15:54, vellore satyanarayanan somasundaram wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
>    Can anybody tell me how stable is Reiserfs? I would like to use
> it on a Linux machine which will act as a web server. I know that
> reiserfs is very good at handling small files. But what about
> stability and crash recovery????

Yo!

Using reiserfs for ca. 1y now on production machines (including one SMP
machine, not too heavy load, though).

The only minor matter was blocks of zeroes suddenly appearing in
logfiles (was a problem with append, I think), but this was solved a few
kernels ago. No crashes so far, so I couldn't say anything about
recovery.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                      http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

WARNING: keyserver.kjsl.com *only* carries a valid copy of my key