(OT) LDAP search queries with special characters

Hi

I know this is really OT but they couldn't help me on the OpenLDAP list.

I store the info about the sytsems im my network in an LDAP tree. There are
also the hardware
addresses of the Ethernetcards stored. I'm experiencing problems querring on
these addresses. When i
use a search filter like:

"(myETHHWAddressField=00:01:02:03:04:05)"

and the above address is in the tree i get 0 results. I assume this is
because of the colons (":")
in the querry. All my other queries are working great.

How do i have to quote that stuff to get correct answers?

Thanks for any help in advance.

cheers,
Raffaele

http://www.gmx.net