Re: SGML-DTD: to lyx or not to lyx?

> Abdul Latip <dullatip@angin.com> writes:
>

>> Greetings:
>>
>> I am currently considering to use lyx as a standard  document
>> processor. Unfortunately, it uses "non-free"  packages as well as
>>  "Type 3 Fonts" (what's that, btw?).
>>
>> Is it possible in lyx to produce documents without that  type 3
>> font?
>

> In Layout->Document, choose "pslatex" font instead of the default.
>

>> Since, I have no preference yet, I am looking for a whatever
>> SGML-DTD tool with sufficient examples and style sheets. I have
>> tried many, including sgmltools. Unfortunately, I could not find
>> examples like how to alter fonts, how to set paper size, etc.
>

> Likewise to modify paper size.
>
> HTH
>
> -- Dominique_Dumont@grenoble.hp.com

Have you tried (x)emacs? I hate the user interface, but its the best xml/sgml document processor I've found. You can add the tags as you type, with a right click of the mouse bringing up a context menu of allowable tags at that point. You can easily customise it to start a new document with your favourite prolog.

Chris