Re: DSL Problems back (after apt-get upgrade)

dman came to use his tongue on Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 06:06:23PM
> The ifupdown package changed some details regarding the format of the
> /etc/network/interfaces file.  I don't know if this was a
> potato->woody change or a slink->potato change.  The difference is
> whether or not interfaces are automatically brought up.  On my
> woody/sarge/sid systems I have an "auto <name>" line for each
> interface I want automatically brought up.  Thus the file looks like

I'm not sure but IIRC in potatoe usually you wrote the 'definition' of a
NIC in a single line, e.g.

auto eth0 inet static

This changed in woody but I guess it's just for improved readability.

Frank.

--
			$ Hello World!
		      $ I am [Ff]rank ;)