Re: Files > 2Gb with netatalk

#include <hallo.h>
* Jean-Michel Besnard [Mon, Aug 19 2002, 11:44:41AM]:

> I have installed netalk to share file in Macintosh environment.
> My users are not able to see files over 2Gb (I put a 2.4Gb file in the shared
> directory) and the file does not appear to be in the directory when they check
> with the mac.
>
> Is that a known bug (I know it was a limitation some years ago but I dont know
> if it has been fixed.).

I would assume that it is one. Many programs have problems with large
files. File bugs on such packages - the LargeFile extension has been
existing for many years, only lazy programmers can ignore it that long
time.

I wrote an online database to get an overview of Large File Support and
currently waiting to put it online.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Windows 98 - Echtes WINE Feeling jetzt auch unter DOS.