Re: How to remove all programs related to a particular task in Woody?

Paul E Condon wrote:
> I think there is more to this issue than you realize. The distinction
> between plain packages and "auto-selected" packages is
> not so clear cut. There are a lot of cracks into which things can fall
> and be handled in quite unexpected ways. User expectation is an
> important issue in database manipulation work. This requires, among
> other things, an extensive array of tutorial documentation. That it
> seems to work as you would expect in a few examples is really not
> enough. Where is the statement of what it actually does? Where is the
> proof that it does what the statement claims that it does? Where is
> the proof that what it does is really what users need?

I can't decide whether to do a point-by-point rebuttal or dismiss this
as so much useless blather, so I think I will do neither, sorry. Try it,
use it if it works for you, go work on your DB theory or a formal
correctness proof if not.

--
see shy jo