Re: Central configuration management

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 04:07:11PM -0400, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	How do people maintain system-wide configuration for users?  For
> example, if I install a new application onto my system ,what's the
> easiest way to add it to *all* users' menus?  How about defining
> application handlers for all users?

If it's a *.deb, menus should be taken care of.  If it's third party,
create a menu items under /etc/menu/ and run update-menus.  Application
"handlers" is a little horky, but generally there's /etc/mailcap.  But,
GNOME and KDE both have their own ideas about these things... For GNOME,
you might find something under /etc/gnome/...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>