Re: Mozilla 1.0 issues on debian 3

nate wrote:
- I downloaded this little app, from www.xulplanet.com which
allows me to easily toggle javascript/java/popups/images/colors
on/off, this too does not load on the debian version(no error,
just doesn't show when I load..same preferences), after running
the new mozilla I tried to install the app again, it said it
was successful, when I restarted mozilla it still wasn't there.

How exactly did you install it? Did you install with a root-owned mozilla or did you give yourself write permissions to the chrome directory as well as /var/lib/mozilla/? If you installed as root, do a reality check on the permissions of the files installed into chrome. I've had xpi's decide to install files as 400 owned by root. If you installed as regular user only having write permissions to the chrome directory, it may have failed silently. While debian's setup makes more sense from a file system layout perspective, it isn't the standard layout.