Re: Monitorring a SMART-UPS under linux

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 04:45:27AM +0200, Frank Brodbeck wrote:
> Is there any package outthere that lets me monitor my SMART UPS
> from APC? I wasn't able to install the shipped software.

i use apcupsd.  it works just fine out of the box, using a cable
(supplied) between the apc smart ups 2000 and ttyS0.  there is a
configure file in /etc/apcupsd that goes on forever, but on line 36 there
is a DEVICE parameter where you tell it which tty port to use.

there are many options, none of which i have had time to tweak.

itsa works.

dave

--
Dave Mallery, K5EN     (debian testing/woody)
PO Box 520         .~.    _      Ramah,  NM  87321