Re: Monitorring a SMART-UPS under linux

Frank Brodbeck said:
> Is there any package outthere that lets me monitor my SMART UPS
> from APC? I wasn't able to install the shipped software.

the main software I use is NUT(Network UPS Tools), it is available
as packages under debian 3.0. I can provide an older version of
Powerchute for linux(4.5.2) which works fine under debian 2.2
and 3.0 from what I can tell. I mostly like NUT for the cgi
stats interface (you can see 2 of my UPSs at http://portal.aphroland.org)
it also supports a lot of different UPSs so I can use 1 software
package for them all. NUT also supports the Measure UPS II addon
to the SmartUPS(I have one of them too). I do like Powerchute's
event customization though.

nate