Re: DSL problems

Frank Brodbeck wrote:
AFAIK you have just to shutdown the NIC and restart it via
ifdown / ifup.

Don't get me wrong, but I have the great effort to understand
the OS really and still stucking at the basics :/
And books aren't always the best way to learn.

Frank.

The main reason I advised that was that he tried ifdown/ifup and it didn't seem to recognize the new gateway setting. The way the network gets setup on bootup is via running the /etc/init.d/networking script, so I just advised repeating that.

You might be correct on the ifdown/ifup sequence. I might be getting this confused with the ifconfig command.... Guess it is time to read the man pages again :(

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-