evolution and gpg

Is stable's evolution known to work well with pgp?  Is it should be ok,
then what am I doing wrong here?  If all isn't, is this fixed in
unstable or sid?

I hope Paul Johnson doesn't mind, as he seems an active poster, I went
to his home page and downloaded his public key.  Then, for testing, I
made it so I trust him, and signed for him.  Now, in evolution, when I
click on:  "This message is digitally signed. Click the lock icon for
more information" I get:

gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
gpg: Signature made Fri 26 Jul 2002 10:02:16 AM EDT using DSA key ID D372F715
gpg: BAD signature from "Paul Johnson (Main Key) <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>"

Along with the broken lock.  but then I download his message to disk and check it by hand:

$ gpg msg.pgp
gpg: Signature made Fri 26 Jul 2002 10:02:16 AM EDT using DSA key ID D372F715
gpg: Good signature from "Paul Johnson (Main Key) <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>"

all seems happy.