Re: DSL confiruration

Phil Beder said:
> I'm setting up a debian server at a NYC Public School.
>  They have DSL access.  I just got the NIC configured and
> would like to upgrade to the latest stable version (potato
> -machines are old don't need woody)
>
> BTW:   I don't have X running yet, and I dont think the
> machine is picking up the DSL line.
> how do I check?
> how do I configure? (if necessary)
> is there a module to load?

entirely depends upon the way the dsl line is connected. in
my case the dsl line goes into a cisco 600 series modem which
bridges the connection to an ethernet line which i plug into
my nic and assign my ips. no drivers, no special client software,
no username/password, no ppptp nothing but raw ethernet.

I have another DSL system in concord, NH which is setup in
a similar way,(uses a different modem).

nate