Re: Question about cdrdao and Problems with cdparanoia

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 03:43:01PM +0100, Pigeon wrote:

> Joerg Schilling moans like mad in the cdrecord documentation about how
> useless the Linux sg driver is ("the worst driver design I've ever
> seen") - what is the state of play on fixing this??

Seems like the feeling goes both ways. There was recently a thread on
linux-kernel where scsi emulation was discussed and Joerg Schilling
ventured there to flame about the sg driver. So the kernel guys roasted
him somewhat and basically told him to sod off and go play in userspace
'cause he doesn't understand shit about the issues that are important in
the kernel. So don't expect this to be "fixed" anytime soon.

--
Janne Blomqvist