Re: serial port reset

I use pppconfig to set up my modem.  One of the first options is to set
the modem initialization.  You can usually use ATZ.  I had a similar
problem with my modem, but it occurred everytime, and resetting the
modem seems to fix it.  In addition, I also wanted to turn off the
sound.  I added the following for my modem initialization:

ATZ OK ATZ OK ATM0

Note, the OK is required.

John