Questions on printing

I'm hoping for some help/guidance regarding printing. I'm using a stock woody
install, and run KDE as my (only) desktop environment. Printing is via CUPS.

I've gotten printing more or less installed properly; most K-based apps (like
konqueror) correctly find my installed printer, which is on my lan via a
printserver.

For reference, here's what I have in /etc/cups/printers.conf:
<DefaultPrinter OfficeLJ5>
Info HP LaserJet 5 series
Location Office
DeviceURI: lpd:192.168.1.10/L1
...other stuff here
</Printer>

classes.conf is empty;
directory ppd contains OfficeLJ5.ppd;

and in /etc/printcap, I also have:
OfficeLJ5

My problem is in getting other apps to recognize this printer; for instance,
Mozilla only shows "Postscript/Default" as a printer choice, and I cannot
figureout anywhere else to configure Mozilla to find my cups-based printer.

As another problem area, I do use MSWord (I have to for business purposes)
under Wine from Crossover Office. The configuration guide indicates that I
can send my output via xpp or kprinter, but I am somewhat unclear as to the
difference between the two or which to use. Further, when I run xpp, it not
only shows the above configured printer, but also one called "OfficeLJ", a
legacy from when I tried to configure my printing via a cups server running
on another system (which didn't work), and which I cannot seem to get rid of
even though this printer doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere in the config
files.

Any thoughts or pointers to _useful_ documentation would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks.
nl