Re: Text editors: can't teach an old pigeon new tricks

> number-crunching software. The important features are:
>
> - TEXT BASED (and compatible with SVGATextMode)
> - Accepts Wordstar-style commands, and
> - AT THE SAME TIME has DOS-EDIT-style pulldown menus
> - Ability to call one's own shellscripts by adding entries to the
> pulldown menus
>
> Does it exist?

Try wpe, it's very similar to the old Borland Turbo editors. I'm not
sure about adding entries to the menus, but it has a "shell" menu
option that lets you execute commands and return to your editing
session.

--
Daniel Toffetti     ---     'There is no spoon...' - The Matrix
Running Debian Sid version testing/unstable with Linux 2.4.13 i686