groff (Was: Re: Equation editors [Was: Re: CUPS])

Hi!

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Dean Allen Provins wrote:

> Another alternative is "groff" which I use extensively for class notes
> as well as major documents.  I have attached the source for a sample
> equation, and the postscript output for your review.  "groff" seems
> somewhat terse (typical UNIX), but is quite effective.  The example uses
> the "ms" macro package, plus some equation aliases.  Th second equation
> has the aliases removed.

Have you got any pointers to examples/tutorials to get started using groff
(I'm not just talking about equations and/or man pages, but a rather
general introduction on the different groff macro packages available.)

Thanks for the info!

Greetings,

	Holger