Re: List postings as attachments

On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 05:01, Bud Rogers wrote:

> When I wiped my M$Win 3.1 partition and made Linux my OS of choice, the
> one and only app I really missed was Forte Agent.  It's going on six
> years now and FA is still the only app I really miss.  There are some
> very nice mail agents and some very nice usenet readers for Linux, but
> I've yet to find any that suit me as well as FA did.  Sigh.

Hmmm. For Usenet: use pan. It is a very good newsreader, modeled closely
after FA. I haven't used it in some time, but at the 0.9.x (x>10 I
think) stage it was really cool, and it's bound to have improved since
then as those guys really do a lot.

For mail: I have generally recommended evolution to poeple (and I'm
still using it), but I'm not really happy with it anymore (bloated, gpg
support is lacking, too few power functions that 'would confuse
beginners'). sylpheed looks promising but there'll be *lots* of work to
be done until I'll seriously look at it. kmail from KDE3 looks much
better than earlier versions, but I'll yet have to try it out.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg