Re: can't get 3COM 812 ADSL Router working!

"Rafael Uemura" <specz@terra.com.br> writes:

> I have a 3com 812 ADSL Router, configured as a dhcp server. My
> windowsxp works perfectly, its configured as a dhcp client. But when
> I power on my computer and start debian the lan led remains off.

If your link light isn't coming on the culprit is most likely the NIC
as your networking layer needs to be going for DHCP to work at all.

> If I working on windows and restart my computer, the led start to
> blink, and don't stop even if I start debian, only works on
> windows. My /etc/network/interfaces is configured to accept dhcp
> connections, I know for sure. Already recompiled my kernel (2.4.19)
> to accept packet socket, but when I run

> dhcpcd -d eth0

> nothing happens, and I get a timeout error after 1 minute. Already
> tried  '-r' for some sort of compatibility and '-h hostname' with
> no luck.  Already tried dhcp client, pump, dhcpcd with no success.

If your networking layer is operational then I suggest running tcpdump
and watching what's going on the network.

Elizabeth