Re: failure notice (about relays.osirusoft.com)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Jason Lim wrote:

> > Please take this conversation off debian-user. I'm not entirely sure why
> > it ended up here, but it's quite off-topic.
>
> Isn't the discussion of various RBLs and mail software on-topic?
> Doesn't this affect debian users ability to receive email?
>
> Would discussion of various anti-virus software be more on-topic?
> Doesn't that affect debian users ability to receive email as well?

You may have noticed that most of what goes on here is someone (more often
than not a debian user, fancy that) asks a question about how to do
something on a debian box, and then several other debian users with some
experience doing just that offer advice.

Occasionally, people will advocate for "their way of doing
something," perhaps on account of security concerns, or they think it's
the better way, etc.

Rarely does the conversation descend to advocacy and the exchange of
insults to which yours has recently descended.

> IMHO, discussion of RBLs is a legit topic to talk about. I am bringing
> to light something many users might not know... that using
> relays.osirusoft.com blocks out lots of Asia.

You did that; now we know.  Stop flogging this dead horse.

Thank you.

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*