Re: Text editors: can't teach an old pigeon new tricks

Have you had the chance to look over the FTE package?  It has both an X and
virtual console capability (xfte and vfte packages).  It's layout, look
and feel is what you would expect coming from a DOS type of editor.  In
fact FTE has a lot of OS/2 heritage as I understand.

I believe Wordstar keybindings are available and if not they could be
setup.  Configuration can be a bit cumbersome as the text config files
have to be compiled into a binary file that exists in your home
directory.  Complete details can be found at:

http://fte.sourceforge.net/

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and