Re: Enabling spell checking in evolution

Hi Sven

On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 00:34, Sven Heinicke wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 02:33, Rob Weir wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 12:49:32AM +0200, Neilen wrote:
> > > I'm using evolution 1.0.5, as shipped with woody.  The spell checking
> > > option seems to be grayed out.  What needs must be done to make it work?
> >
> > apt-cache show evolution says that evo recommends gnome-spell.  I'd say
> > that's what you need.
>
> I just tried this and I also needed an aspell language installed.  So,
> installing gnome-spell and aspell-en should get all the required
> packages.
Thanks, I got that myself by being a bit less lazy than usual.  But now,
I have the problem that I cannot get the spell checking without the
irritating bad word underlining feature.

The only way to get rid of it, seems to be to disable spell checking in
the gtkhtml configuration tab in gnome controll center.  This, however,
kills the spell checking from the pull-down edit menu too...

Cheers
Neilen