Re: movie viewer

> Neal Lippman wrote:
> > What recommendations do people have for software for viewing movies
> > (AVI, MPG, RM, etc) on Woody? I get the sense that xine is the most
> > popular at present; is that true or are there other packages I
> > should consider before installing?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > nl

If you just want to watch movies go with xine.If you want to redo
anything check out avidemux (with gui - under constant development but
geting better by the week) or go for transcode or mencoder.
But it never hurts to have mplayer on your box - some don't work with
xine others don't work with mplayer -I didn't have any trouble at all
with compiling mplayer.

Klaus