Re: j2skd1.4.0beta-i386.rpm to deb; will it work ?

----- Original Message -----
From: Derrick 'dman' Hudson <dman@dman.ddts.net>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 7:29 AM
Subject: Re: j2skd1.4.0beta-i386.rpm to deb; will it work ?

>From where?  Blackdown doesn't even mention 1.4 on their web site,
though the UNC mirror has a beta tarball for download.

-D
____ End qouted text ______

Hello
Exact location of the binary is /usr/java/j2sdk/bin & I am typing the
scommand from
same directory; still I get command not found error. In java directory
there are bin,demo,lib,jre directories & they do contain whatever is
expected of them.

I tried

update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/javac javac
usr/javal/j2*/bin/javac 120
        update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/java Java
usr/java/j2*/bin/java 120

That also doesn't work.

Sachin