Re: Galeon keeps forgetting some preferences

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 12:27:29PM +0200, Balazs Javor wrote:

   > I wander if anyone else has experienced this:
   > >From time to time - quite often actually - Galeon keeps
   > 'forgetting' or rather reseting certain preferences settings.
   > Most often this is the setting to start with a blank page.
   > It always goes back to start with www.gnome.org.
   > Also often the theme selection goes back to it's default,
   > and various other settings...
   > The funny thing seems to be that the things that get lost
   > seems to be different each time...
   >
   > Is there a way to fix this?
   >
   > (I'm running sarge with galeon from sid - version 1.2.5.
   > I'm also running fluxbox as the window manages but I have
   > gnome-bin and various gnome libs installed...)

Incidentally, I have the same set up here. Sarge, galeon from sid and
fluxbox as wm. Have not seen the problems you are facing. Why not try
moving ~/.galeon out of the way and check? I do not remember exactly,
but when I had faced some quirky behaviour, this trick set it right.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

If at first you don't succeed, you're doing about average.
		-- Leonard Levinson