Re: No Screens Found error

Michael Olds wrote:
Thank you for this response. I have run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-sfree86
several more times and keep coming up with the same problem.

I figure just by the reference to "screens" that the problem is with my
video card or with my monitor.

This is what I have:

/etc/X11/Xwrapper.config handled by debconf = yes
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 for XFree86 version 4X handled by debconf = yes

Video Card Driver = ati ATI Expert Pro 2000 PCI:01:00:0 no RAM allocated????

use kernel framebuffer device interface = yes
XKBrule=Xfree86
keyboard= pc 104
keyboard layout = US
mouse port = /dev/psaux
entry = PS/2
monitor (used "medium") 1024X768 @ 75hz 24 bit changed to:
   "advanced" specifying ViewSonic PF790
   Horiz sync: 30-97
   V sync: 50-180Khz
   all resolutions allowed

Any ideas about what I should try next?

Try running dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 again and this time answer "no" to the framebuffer question.

I have never got X to run on my video cards using the framebuffer and frequently get this same sort of error message when I tried to use it.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-