Re: What happened to /var/spool/<user>/mail? Why, when, how the change to /var/<user>/mail

On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 09:52:30AM -0300, synthespian wrote:

> 	Recently, I was iporting to Ximian Evolution mail that I had previously
> dowloaded with fetchmail.
>
> 	Much to my suprise, the mail had changed from the previous /var/spool/
> to /var/<user>/mail, and then I could not import it anymore.
>
> 	My questions are:
>
> 	1) Where, how, why the change?
>
> 	2) How do I import the mail in /var/<user>/mail to Evolution?

I assume you mean /var/mail/user, which is where Exim delivers mail
by default (on my system anyway, and I didn't change much wrt Exim).

Actually Exim delivers to /var/spool/mail but that's a symlink to
/var/mail. I can't remember changing that by hand.

I don't know if symlinks are 100% transparent to an application, but
perhaps creating the link is all it takes.

You could also check the Evolution configuration. I am sure there's
an account or user option dialog somewhere.

Perhaps your setup varies too much from what I have assumed. In that
case more information is needed.

Bob