APT::Default-Release

Hi,

I'm running woody and am interested in installing a specific package
from unstable.  Following the APT HOWTO, I placed:
APT::Default-Release "stable";

in /etc/apt/apt.conf.  When I do 'apt-get -s upgrade' it lists 54
packages as being upgraded.  When I remove /etc/apt/apt.conf the same
command yields 223 packages to be upgraded.

I'm curious: shouldn't nothing be upgraded (assuming there's nothing in
stable to upgrade) when I run that command?  Does this mean that
something is not quite right with my current stable setup (i.e. maybe I
have some unstable packages installed already)?

All this doesn't stop me from upgrading the specific package, but it
raises some questions about my current packages -- is there a way to
check this out?

Thanks,
Andrew