Re: /tmp

I'm redirecting this back to the list.  It is proper etiquette to keep
replies to list material on the list (so long as they are on-topic) so
that others may benefit from the answers in the archives, and so that
others may answer your question more quickly, accurately, and/or
thoroughly than just me.

* Skidley (skidley@roadrunner.nf.net) [020816 21:51]:
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 09:32:29PM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> >
> > Mine looks like this:
> > drwxrwxrwt    8 root     root         4096 2002-08-16 21:28 /tmp
> >
> Hmmm what is the t ?

That is the sticky bit.  man chmod.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin