Re: Debian vs Gentoo

Hi Bradley, Hanasaki , and others

Gentoo appears to be like Linux From Scratch,

	http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

also a compile only distribution. There you start with any
other distribution as a development platform. Then you
recompile everything, replacing in a sequence I believe
(hope?) they specify. I suppose this is the case for Gentoo.

Can anyoe tell me why  there might be a preference for Gentoo
over Linux From Scratch?

I was going to ask for someone post a URL, but I realized
that Google works on my browser too;)

	http://www.gentoo.org/

I'll find out more there.

David