Re: problems with fvwm

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 09:37:07AM +1000, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> Once upon a time Imre Vida said...
>
> I can't help with your other problems, but...
>
> > - i can't 'combine' vertical and horizontal
> > maximization of a window: doing one after the other
> > switches back to the original size. this is not
> > exactly what i expected. why is it so?
>
> What do you mean "doing one after the other"? You can just say
> "Maximize 100 100" if you want to maximize X and Y together.

i wanted to define some hotkeys to maximize/grow the window
horizontally/verticaly or even left/right/up/down
and by combining these actions to get the best size and location
(i very often end up with hundreds of windows open and the try to get
the best out of them  ;-)

these combinations however do not work; the window switches
back to it's 'normal' size after the second hotkey and
after repeating the sec. hotkey it does the sec type of maximization
(and of course only that one now)
so obviously, any of these actions is considered as maximization and
any following action of this type will be taken as a request to
unmaximize the window.

so this is my sad story about maximizations in fvwm
;-)

imre