Re: Problems with cdparanoia

> (Contrary to what other people have been saying, I don't think there's
> any real problem with this, since it's more consistent and it's the
> obvious thing to do if you want the CD burner to work.)

Thanks.  This was the attitude I was looking for. :)

> > 		No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device /dev/scd0
>
> The very last line is the one that's going to cause you problems; the
> SCSI driver has two parts, and the "generic device" driver is rarely
> used but cdparanoia happens to want it.  Try running 'modprobe sg' as
> root and retrying cdparanoia.  If you're in devfs land, this should
> also cause /dev/sg0 and /dev/sg1 to appear.

Bingo!  Changed /dev/sr0 to /dev/sg0 and everything's working like a charm!

Thanks for the pointers, everybody (especially David).

Stephen W. Juranich                             sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering             http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington                http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli