Re: HPIJS & Magicfilter

    > Although my current setup works, I am thinking about switching
    > over to the hpijs (HP Ink Jet Server) package. I have read some
    > documentation for hpijs and looked through the archives for
    > debian-user, but I do not yet have a clear understanding of how
    > to get hpijs to work.

    > Is it as simple as setting the :if=some_new_hpijs_filter? Or do
    > I need to use apsfilter instead of magicfilter in order to use
    > hpijs? Or am I completely off-base?

No, not really.  You just have to edit the script that you use for
magicfilter and change the gs commands to use hpijs.

In your case it would be /etc/magicfilter/dj690c-best-filter.
Probably better off to make a copy and then edit that and point lpr to
it.  This way, when Magicfilter gets upgraded, it won't get clobbered.

Look at /usr/share/doc/hpijs/hpijs_readme.html, or head to
http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/ for documentation.  You may want to
read up on magicfilter to understand what's happening in the scripts.

Write back if you hit any snags.

Good Luck.

Marshal