Re: List postings as attachments

On  0, Frank Brodbeck <oakenshield@gmx.net> wrote:
> > [Assuming it's a proxy and not just a packet filter]
> >
> > Perhaps you'd want to study httptunnel then. If you can get it to work
> > with your proxy and can live the decreased bandwith that is (TCP/IP over
> > HTTP via (multiple) caching/delaying proxies over TCP/IP isn't exactly
> > going to be fast).
> >
> AFAIR a tunnel should be possible with packet filtering too.
> And correct me if I am wrong but isn't it easier to tunnel a packet
> filter than a proxy?

Yes, but what's the point?  If you've only got package filtering to
content with then you might as well just start your sshd on port 443
and be done with it - it will be faster and work just as well.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

Classifications of inanimate objects:  Those that don't work, those that break down, and those that get lost.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au